Header Tabs

Monday, October 25, 2010

Let the Frenchformation begin...

After finishing a year-long motorcycle adventure that took me through 15 Latin American countries and covered some 40,000 miles (http://blazingsaddlebags.blogspot.com), I have embarked on another adventure...moving to France.  It is time to put aside my Spanish language skills, thoughts of spicy tacos, and tango dance moves.  Now is the time to jump headfirst into the sultry French language, taste as many of the 400 different French cheeses as possible, and learn what it really means to have liberté, égalité, and fraternité.

Integrating into a new culture brings along with it pleasant surprises as well as unexpected challenges.  I hope to approach this process with an open mind and will share some of my experiences with you.  Here are a few of the topics that come to mind at the moment that I will be covering in the coming weeks: 
  • Immigration process - are they really going to let me live and work here?
  • Food - if only I could 'beam' some of it through your computer.
  • French way of life - the little stuff that makes our cultures different.
  • Language - Français and its 16 different verb tenses and the local Alsacian dialect.
  • Tourism - by bike, motorcycle, train, and small cars.
 I hope you find my Frenchformation to be both entertaining and educational.  A plus tard.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment